Things I wish could exist….

Home Forums Discussion Forum Things I wish could exist….

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alexander 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Karin Brown
    Keymaster

Use this thread to dream big and come up with crazy big ideas…

Moritz

This is not creative in any sense, but: How great would it be if there was a recording of every single lecture at ETH. (Quality would not even matter.)
    If you didn’t understand something in the lecture you could just listen to it again. I find this very helpful in lectures that are already recorded.

Karin Brown
    Keymaster

Someone sent this idea by email:
    “Libraries should stay open till 12 am everyday!”
    What do people think?

Tim

I’d love to have a repository with equipment and skills that are available at ETH. This is useful for students that have ideas for research but do not know who to turn to. Often, there is an expert around that is happy to support and enable a fellow researcher and a good idea. We are all in one institution, ETH, but often people only know what is going on in their departement / institute or even floor or lab. A repository of skills and equipment would strengthen collaboration, interdiscipliarity and make wild ideas happen.

Massimo

I’ve ditched paper agendas long time ago, probably around 2nd year of high school, in favor of my first smartphone. To organize my student life I’ve always had to use several different apps (Google Calendar, Google Keep, Dropbox, Note, ecc…). It would be really cool to be able to integrate all these things into one app, that would work as a personal assistant. It would keep track of your courses and your progress, so you always know on which problem sheet you have to work and what you still have to study. The app would also work as a centralized storage for all your course materials (ebooks, pdfs, problem sheets, flashcards). Search functionality could be integrated as well to allow students to find new content from other students, TA or professors. Think of it as a centralized application for course management, both for students and professors. I imagine that something similar would not only improve the life of students but also give important feedback to professors and TA, since they would have access to the progress history of the subscribed students.

Robin

I completely agree with you Moritz. ETH offers so many good services that are useful to the students, but recording all of the lectures would be one of the most important ones for me. Personally, I learn the most in the lectures, when the lecturer explains the content to me step by step. Thus it is a big letdown when I am forced to miss a lecture. I’m sure many other students think the same way. A system to systematically record all lectures in my opinion would greatly benefit the studying and learning environment at ETH.

Lorenzo Querci

How cool it would be to have a Gondola lift from Bucheggplatz to the science city hönggerberg )?

Alexander

I love the idea that libaries should stay open until 12am everyday! In particular it sould be open on the weekend on hönggerberg!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)